Christmas 2009 is officially over and I am happy to say that we survived to tell about it. I promise I am not complaining but the title of this post puts it perfectly...we are definitely exhausted but definitely filled with JOY!
This year was not as busy as years passed but when you have two kiddos and one is an almost three year old energy filled little guy, things just seem a bit more crazy :)!
Vance started off the holidays with a fever and our poor little guy was not feeling too hot on the 22nd or 23rd. He slept a lot, ate very little, but he hung in there and still had fun with our family.
On the evening of the 23rd we headed to my FIL's house to do Christmas there. My step MIL made a delicious country dinner and then we opened a few gifts.
Jack sitting with his Pa! I love his expression in this picture :).

Web, me, and Vance (who looks like a vampire) at Pa's house. Do you love my peace sign scarf? The one and only La brought me that for Christmas. LOVE IT!
Christmas Eve morning we hung around the house, made food for the evening's festivities, and played!

One of the things I made was Spinach Dip. You know how I love when there is a chance for the boys to get their hands into it. After I got all of the Spinach out I was going to use, I let Vance play in the rest. He LOVED it!

Jack chilling in his bouncy while we made more goodies. Have you seen a sweeter face? I think not!
After nap time we got everything together and went to my MIL's house for finger foods and more presents.

Here is Jack with "freaky" Santa. This little Santa has been in the family for years. Even though he gives me the weebie geebies, I am going to take pics of the boys with him each Christmas.

Vance posing in front of one of his presents. He was such a sweet boy and waited his turn to open. It is an art easel...WOO HOO!

Our entire family on Christmas Eve! I love that we each have one to hold in our arms :).

Vance's Nanny brought him a bike! He will have to grow into it a little bit BUT he already looks like a prow :).
When we got home we had to prepare our yard for the reindeer and our fire place for Santa!

Vance sprinkling some reindeer food (oatmeal and sprinkles) out in the yard. It was a TID bit windy that night.

Christmas morning we found a plate of eaten cookies, an empty glass of milk, and a note that Santa left. Web was so thoughtful to write it!
For the next hour or so the boys opened gifts from Santa and I of course took too many pics!

Vance holding his lizard that he has affectionately named "Lizzie." It came with a book too. Some of his other favorite gifts were his bucket of dinosaurs, lincoln logs, basketball goal, board games, etc.

Jack and I with one of his animal filled balls. Look at that smile and look at those killer pajamas I am wearing. Those were a gift from Meag. My friends know me well :)!

Jack and I playing with one of his gifts!

We went back to my MIL's house around 11:00 to do stockings. I was able to capture a pic of Vance and "freaky" Santa.

My niece and nephew both got a horse for Christmas and they were so surprised. Of course Vance wanted to go see them. Do you like his little Ear Bags? My MIL, the QVC queen, got each of us a set in our stocking.
We headed home for a light lunch, a good nap, and then got ready to go to my parent's house. I was so excited to go there b/c there is nothing like being at home!

Vance with his cutable fruit :). He loves this and has played with it NON-STOP! I promise you he will be doing something in the food industry one day. I let him pick out his out-fit and he chose skiing bibs and a turtleneck...LOL!

Both of the boys have big stockings at Nana and Papa's house. We had to get a picture of Jack in his :).

Nana Jo, Jack, Vance, and Papa! We knew we would be there past their bed-time so we brought our tubby supplies and pajamas. My parents are the BEST grandparents EVER and do so much for our boys. They got us a family membership to the Nashville Zoo that we can use for an entire year!
After visiting tons of family, eating tons of food, and opening more gifts than I ever dreamed possible, this is how we all felt...

...and what I would not give to be able to sleep like that!
ON A SIDE NOTE...
MY MOM IS HAVING SURGERY TOMORROW. SHE IS HAVING HER GALL BLADDER REMOVED AND A BIOPSY ON HER LIVER. PLEASE PRAY THAT THE SURGERY GOES WELL AND THAT THE RESULTS FROM THE BIOPSY ARE CLEAR!
2 comments:
What a great Christmas! And I love the idea of the note from Santa! I might have to borrow that one next year!
Your family is adorable - absolutely precious! I hope all is well with you...miss you tons!
Post a Comment