As always, we had a very busy and fun weekend! Even though it might seem like we always have a full calendar, there are actually times we are just relaxing as a family...LOL!
I apologize...my pictures loaded backwards, so this is our weekend in reverse :).
On Sunday, Meag, La, and I met our friend Rachel for a coupon seminar. Rachel went to one a couple of weeks ago and she was relaying all of the information she learned to us. I am so excited to get started so that I can save money. The lady who spoke at Rachel's church spends $50.00 a week and feeds a family of four...WOW!
On Saturday night Web and I went to a beautiful wedding on a farm. We were so excited b/c the farm was literally five minutes away from our house. We joked b/c we knew this would be the only time it ever happened. One of Web's co-workers got married. It just so happens we went to high school together too :). Tamara, Brett, Jessica, and Web at the Brett's wedding! It was so gorgeous on the farm. All of the bridesmaids wore cowboy boots and the reception was in the barn. It might sound redneck, but I promise you it was so beautiful and so.much.fun!
Monday, November 9, 2009
Weekend Festivities
Friday was a very special day for me. For several months, I have been working on a special event for work called Cookin' To Build. We have the event at the Civic Plaza which is located near our square. Individuals that came to the event paid $10.00 and they got their choice of a hand painted bowl that they got to keep, endless samples of chili, soup, or stew, a drink, and a dessert. What a great deal, huh?
Meag and her principal entered as well as Gina from my book club. Gina took home the Golden Bowl Award this year for her Black Bean Chili :)!
It was a beautiful day and the turnout was amazing!!! This was just our second year for the event, but I have a feeling it is going to continue to grow and grow and grow :)!
Posted by Megan L Hutchings at 10:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
That sounds like a great weekend! I wish I clipped coupons. That can be a full time job keeping up with all that!
I bet that wedding was gorgeous. The weather was beautiful here, too. I hope it's as nice next weekend! :)
Awsome pic of you and Web at the farm! That's great!! :-) What a good weekend!
What a fun event! Sounds like a great weekend!
Okay, so Brad and I were supposed to go to that wedding, but I was sick so we didn't get to go! I would have loved to see you though! I heard the chili cookoff was a success...I am sure you're glad it's over!
I love weddings that reflect the couple. That's how it should be.
I also love how you are constantly giving back. You and Web are such an inspiration. I CANNOT believe people were trying to steal the bowls. What in the world???
Post a Comment